Last revised: August 29, 2012
Questions or comments regarding this policy should be directed to info@EmergingGrowth.com.
Information Gathered and Tracked by EmergingGrowth
We gather two types of data about our users: personal information and tracking information.
Personal information is provided by users when registering on EmergingGrowth.com as a member of EmergingGrowth, when registering as a subscriber to our services, and voluntarily at certain other points, such as entering contests or completing surveys.
Registering for Membership on EmergingGrowth
Currently, we do not require users to become members of EmergingGrowth in order to have access to certain portions of the website, analysis and news. However, if you would like to use certain features, such as email newsletters, add comments or access additional products of EmergingGrowth.com, we require you to register to become a member.
In order to register, you will have to supply us with your email address and choose a unique User Name and Password. You may be required to verify your email address by clicking on the activation link in the Welcome Letter that will be sent to you upon your submission of a completed registration form.
Other Personal Information Collection:
- Reports – We may offer white papers on various investment and financial topics. In order to download these special reports, you may be required to enter your email address, phone number and/or some additional personal information.
- Blogs – We may offer blogs featuring running commentary throughout the trading day by some of our most popular contributors. These blogs allow subscribers to respond to a blogger’s commentary or to another subscriber’s post. Access to some blogs may require a subscription to one of our premium services. We urge and encourage participants posting comments on the blogs to include their full name in any comment and to disclose any positions held in securities they discuss in any comment. Please note that information submitted to the blogs will be available for any user of that service to read, and is no longer private.
- Surveys/Polls – At certain times, you may be asked to participate in surveys, which are generally aimed at obtaining general information, for example, your investment experience or your reaction to a particular article. Because information obtained in these surveys is connected with individual subscribers and is used internally or by third-party partners to better market our services, participation is voluntary. In addition, some columnists will on occasion take polls of their readers. Such polls are solely for the editorial use of the individual columnists, and participation is voluntary.
- Contests and Sweepstakes – We may offer contests or sweepstakes in which certain personal information is required for registration, for purposes of verifying the entrants’ identities and notifying the winners. If the contest or sweepstakes is being administered or sponsored by a third party, this information will be disclosed to that third party. However, entrants may select contest names distinct from their User Names, and the information is not connected with their User Names.
In addition to the cookies described above, EmergingGrowth, its agents, advertisers and third-party advertising vendors that serve ads onto our web sites, and other third party partners may use their own or third-party cookies or other tracking technologies for advertising, including delivering targeted advertisements and marketing messages based upon the websites you visit, or other purposes. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third part advertisers and vendors. Additionally, third party advertising vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites on the Internet.
USE OF THE INFORMATION
- To enhance users’ experiences on EmergingGrowth Portfolio of Websites, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- To improve our content;
- To maintain and improve EmergingGrowth Portfolio of Websites and our Services;
- To ensure the technical functioning of EmergingGrowth Portfolio of Websites and our Services; and
- To deliver our Services, as well as free email newsletters containing selected stories, market information, advertisements and links to EmergingGrowth Portfolio of Websites, or to contact you via direct mail, email, telephone, or SMS text message with information and offers for our Services, as well as special offers and advertisements for products or services offered by third parties. You can control your subscription settings, unsubscribe from delivery of our free newsletters, our marketing messages and third party offers and advertisements at any time by visiting Your Account or contacting our customer service department by email at info@EmergingGrowth.com. Please note that if you unsubscribe from communications but subsequently reregister with EmergingGrowth or enter your email address into any form on EmergingGrowth Portfolio of Websites, your communication preferences may revert from their unsubscribed status and/or you may receive communications from which you had previously unsubscribed.
EmergingGrowth does not sell or disclose personal information about you described above to other people or nonaffiliated companies, except to provide you with products or services, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or otherwise to cooperate with law enforcement agencies or state and federal regulators;
- We provide the information to our subsidiaries and affiliated companies;
- We provide the information on a confidential basis to nonaffiliated companies we engage as contractors or agents to perform services for us, such as maintaining software or administering a sweepstakes or contest. Information will be shared with such contractors only to the extent reasonably necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, and pursuant to confidentiality obligations;
- We may disclose all the information we collect as described above to other companies such as direct marketers to perform marketing services on our behalf, or to third parties with whom we have joint marketing agreements; and
- We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who clicked on a particular link or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
Chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups are available to you through our Web site. Please remember that any information disclosed in these areas becomes public information. If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited responses. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any of your personal information in a public forum.
CORRECTING AND UPDATING THE INFORMATION
EmergingGrowth offers to its members the ability to correct or update online the information we collected during registration by visiting the Your Account page.
EmergingGrowth limits access to personal information about you to those employees whom we determine need access to that information to provide products or services to you. We do our best guard your personal information. However, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our servers, nor can we guarantee that information that users supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
YOUR INDEPENDENT RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER COMPANIES
Questions or comments regarding this policy should be directed to info@EmergingGrowth.com. EmergingGrowth reserves the right to modify this policy at any time with out notice. Please check back regularly.