Learning Tree International, Inc. (OTCQX: LTRE) provides workforce optimization solutions geared towards IT training. Shares of the training service are rallying 17.75%, through afternoon trading on Wednesday, August 16, 2017. Over the past month, Learning Tree International, Inc. has seen average daily volume of 923 shares. However, volume of 17,400 shares or dollar volume of $46,980, has already exchanged hands on the day.
Shares of Learning Tree International, Inc. are gaining today, after the company announced it has been awarded a contract by the Texas Department of Information Resources. However, the company has not released the dollar value of the contract. Here is the full press release detailing of the new contract:
Learning Tree International, Inc. Press Release:
Learning Tree International, Inc. (OTCQX: LTRE) announced today that it has been awarded a Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) Deliverables-Based IT Services (DBITS) Contract. Through the DBITS Cooperative Contracts Program, state and local agencies, as well as educational institutions, may purchase from a select list of vetted and approved providers. Currently, agencies and educational institutions within 42 states partner with DIR to procure their IT services.
“Learning Tree has long been an expert at helping governments and agencies worldwide build workforce skills in the latest technologies and management disciplines,” said Learning Tree CEO, Richard A. Spires. “We are thrilled for the opportunity to help even more agencies improve the quality, speed, and efficiency of IT services through DBITS.”
Under this contract, Learning Tree can provide services in the following categories:
Information Technology Project Management
Some examples of Learning Tree’s IT project management services to isolate and address impediments within critical programs that are negatively impacting the cost, schedule, performance or customer satisfaction include:
- Project Delivery that includes training, mentoring, and assessments on the project management processes identified by the Project Management Institute as published in the most recent version of the PMBOK® Guide (currently Version 5, updating to Version 6 later in 2017)
- Organizational transformations from waterfall to agile
- Project risk mitigation through acceleration workshops designed to rapidly implement performance and process improvements
Technology Upgrade/Migration and Transformation
Learning Tree International, Inc. provides several services including a comprehensive range of IT cloud training services focused on significantly improving both your IT staff and end user skill sets. Services and training cover topics such as:
- Developing robust, flexible, and cost-effective cloud solutions
- Implementing highly durable and reliable storage systems
- Deploying and hosting web apps
- Business intelligence and data migrations (i.e. Microsoft SQL)
- Application upgrades (i.e. Java)
- Mobile application development
Information Technology Assessments and Planning
Learning Tree International, Inc. provides a suite of services to improve strategic planning activities, including:
- Comprehensive organizational services to develop IT road maps, create governance structures, and design robust strategic plans
- Custom IT assessments to measure IT employee Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Development of mission statements, vision, goals, objectives, strategy development, and tactical planning
Learning Tree’s DBITS contract (Contract Number DIR-TSO-3940 / Vendor Number 1541577802) is in effect until July 21, 2019. For more information on the contract, visit: www.LearningTree.com/DBITS.
About Learning Tree International, Inc.
Established in 1974, Learning Tree is a leading provider of IT training to business and government organizations worldwide. Learning Tree provides Workforce Optimization Solutions — a modern approach to delivering learning and development services that improves the adoption of skills, and accelerates the implementation of technical and business processes required to improve IT service delivery. These services include: needs assessments, skill gaps analyses, blended learning solutions, and Acceleration Workshops.
Over 2.5 million professionals have enhanced their skills through Learning Tree’s extensive course library including: web development, cyber security, program and project management, Agile, operating systems, networking, cloud computing, leadership, and more.