Stocks soared on Wednesday, March 15, 2017, after the Federal Reserve rose rates by a 0.25% to 1.00%. The Dow Jones Industrial Average rallied 0.54%, the S&P 500 jumped 0.84%, and the Nasdaq climbed 0.74%, during trading Wednesday. Commodities absolutely exploded higher, despite the rate hike: crude oil soared 2.66%, gold jumped 1.38%, and silver rallied 2.38%.
Micro-caps followed other asset classes higher on Wednesday, backed by the Fed’s positive economic outlook and signs of rate normalization. Nine of the ten indices saw gains on Wednesday, which was led by the OTCQX Canada Index’s 3.44% surge. Only the OTCQB Venture Index did not participate in the rally Wednesday, after declining 0.06%.
Today’s Top OTC Winners:
- V Group, Inc. (OTC Pink: VGID) +383.33%: Shares of the beverage company surged 383.33% on Wednesday, March 15, 2017. The rally comes after the company reported third quarter 2016 earnings.
- AgriEuro Corp. (OTC Pink: EURI) +105.10%: The aquaculture, agriculture and hospitality company soared 105.10% on Wednesday. In addition, the stock was featured in one of our early trading articles this morning; read about it here.
- Advanced Environmental Petroleum Producers, Inc. (OTCQB: AEPP) +51.16%: Shares of the environmental oil & gas equipment manufacturer jumped 51.16% on Wednesday, March 15, 2017, as the company filed an 8-K, which detailed of the change in CEO and other executive positions.
- SunEdison, Inc. (OTC Pink: SUNEQ) +20.06%: The delinquent and bankrupt renewable energy company somehow rallied 20.06% on Wednesday, March 15, 2017. However, there was no news or press that could be found. Overall, the stock saw volume of 8.49 million shares on the day.
- Medical Marijuana, Inc. (OTC Pink: MJNA) +17.54%: The medical marijuana company climbed 17.54% on Wednesday, after clinical trials showed that the company’s RSHO-X product is effective in treating numerous medical conditions.
- Broadway Gold Mining Ltd. (OTCQB: BDWYF) +17.49%: The gold and copper miner gained 17.49% today, but there was no official news or press from the company. The stock saw volume of 519,183 shares on the day.
- Southern Home Medical, Inc. (OTC Pink: SHOM) +15.38%: Shares of the healthcare equipment and care provider rallied 15.38% on Wednesday. In addition, the stock was featured in one of our early trading articles this morning; read about it here.
- Ominto, Inc. (OTC Pink: OMNT) +10.90%: The multi-day meltup continues with the ecommerce company. However, there are no new updates. The stock saw volume of 75,412 shares on the day.
Today’s Top OTC Losers:
- Defense Technologies International Corp. (OTCQB: DTII) -52.54%: The defense technology company dove 52.54% on Wednesday, after the company announced that it had cancelled its application for a reverse stock split.
- 1pm Industries, Inc. (OTC Pink: OPMZ) -43%: Shares of the corporate services company dropped 43% on Wednesday, after the company saw strong gains to start off the week. Overall, the stock saw volume of 80.93 million shares on the day.
- InterCloud Systems, Inc. (OTCQB: ICLD) -22.77%: The full-service cloud provider dropped for a second day, after declining 22.77% on Wednesday. The sell off was sparked by the company’s full year 2016 earnings.
- Ecoark Holdings, Inc. (OTCQX: EARK) -10.54%: Shares of the logistics company declined 10.54% today, but there was no new updates or news today. The stock saw volume of 502,923 shares on the day.
Check back on EmergingGrowth.com after the markets close each day to get your Daily Dozen closing report!