Stocks were able to rally from the lows of the day, but still ended in the “red” across the board. The Dow Jones dropped 0.21%, the S&P 500 declined 0.34%, and the Nasdaq saw a drop of 0.32%, during trading Tuesday, March 14, 2017. U.S. dollar continues to strengthen as the potential rate hike nears, which is hurting commodities overall: natural gas dove 3.12%, silver dropped 0.33%, gold declined 0.39%, and crude oil gained 0.21%.
After two straight days of strong rallying, micro-caps took a breather on Tuesday, as eight of the ten indices saw declines today. Leading the decline was the OTCQX Canada Index, which dropped 1.82%. On the other hand, the OTCQB Venture Index was the best performer today, after gaining 0.38%.
Today’s Top OTC Winners:
- Defense Technologies International Corp. (OTCQB: DTII) +2,850%: The defense technology and security threat detection company skyrocketed 2,850% on Tuesday, March 14, 2017. There was no news or press released by the company today, but the stock saw massive volume of 43.94 million shares exchange hands during today’s trading.
- 1pm Industries, Inc. (OTC Pink: OPMZ) +61.29%: The private-to-public corporate services company soared 61.29% on Tuesday, after the company announced that it has landed a new client that wishes to be taken public.
- Ominto, Inc. (OTC Pink: OMNT) +19.23%: The ecommerce company continues its impressive rally as it awaits to be officially listed on the Nasdaq Capital Market exchange on March 20th. However, there is no new updates or press.
- LIG Assets, Inc. (OTC Pink: LIGA) +17.86%: Shares of the investment firm climbed 17.86% on Tuesday, after the company announced it is taking additional steps to reduce its share count, particularly through buybacks, lock up deals, and stock swaps.
- MGT Capital Investments, Inc. (OTC Pink: MGTI) +14.10%: The John McAfee-led cyber security company climbed 14.10% on Tuesday, March 14, 2017, after the company announced it has signed a non-binding letter of intent with Nordic IT Sourcing Association. The agreement will involve developing a truly secure mobile phone.
- Bemax, Inc. (OTCQB: BMXC) +14.17%: Shares of the diaper distribution company rallied 14.17% on Tuesday, March 14, 2017. However, there is no recent news or press from the company. Overall, the stock saw volume of 12.17 million shares on the day.
- CytoDyn, Inc. (OTCQB: CYDY) +12.50%: Shares of the immune deficiency biotech company climbed 12.50% on Tuesday, but there was no recent news or press. The stock saw volume of 577,539 shares on the day.
- Sharp Corp. (OTC Pink: SHCAF) +11.01%: Shares of the Japanese electronics giant gained 11.01% on Tuesday. However, there was no news or press that could be found. The stock saw volume of 236,187 shares on the day.
Today’s Top OTC Losers:
- InterCloud Systems, Inc. (OTCQB: ICLD) -41%: The full-service cloud computing and IT networking company dove 41% on Tuesday, March 14, 2017, as investors were displeased with the company’s full year 2016 earnings.
- P10 Industries, Inc. (OTC Pink: PIOI) -28.96%: The acquisition and development company dropped 28.96% on Tuesday, after the company announced that it has filed its full year 2016 10-K. This included the sale of essentially all assets of the company back in November 2016.
- Ecoark Holdings, Inc. (OTCQX: EARK) -25.29%: The logistics company declined 25.29% today, after announcing an $8 million registered direct offering.
- Garmatex Holdings, Ltd. (OTC Pink: GRMX) -23.71%: The Canadian shell company dove 23.71% on Tuesday, March 14, 2017. The decline comes as the company recently announced that it completed a fabric technology licensing agreement.
Check back on EmergingGrowth.com after the markets close each day to get your Daily Dozen closing report!