U.S. stock indices closed slightly above breakeven, but managed to give up early trading gains. The Dow Jones closed up 0.19%, the S&P 500 gained 0.20%, and the Nasdaq gained 0.19%, during Tuesday’s trading. Despite a strengthening U.S. dollar today, commodities were mixed: crude oil sold off 2.42%, gold rallied 0.28%, and silver saw a slight increase of 0.04%.
Micro-cap indices dropped on Tuesday, as only one index manage to see slight gains today. Leading the declines was the OTCQB Venture Index and its 0.92% drop. Only the OTCQX Banks Index rallied today. However, the gain was only 0.11%.
Today’s Top OTC Winners:
- Earth Science Tech, Inc. (OTC Pink: ETST) +52.90%: The biotechnology company shot up 52.90% on Tuesday, February 7, 2017, after the company announced that one of its subsidiaries plans to develop CBD-based drugs and “nutraceutical” products.
- Cannabics Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (OTCQB: CNBX) +26.67%: The CBD-based cancer treatment company saw shares rally 26.67% on Tuesday. The rally comes as the company announces that it plans to begin commercialization of its medical treatments in March 2017.
- PositiveID Corp. (OTCQB: PSID) +20%: The detection and medical testing company saw shares rally 20% today, after the company announced that it has received its largest-ever purchase order of $1.2 million for its ENG Mobile Systems device.
- New Wave Holdings, Inc. (OTC Pink: NWAV) +17.65%: Shares of the alternative health clinic operator jumped 17.65% on Tuesday, February 7, 2017. In addition, the stock was featured in our early trading articles this morning; read about it here.
- Lico Energy Metals, Inc. (OTCQB: WCTXF) +17.87%: The lithium exploration and development company saw shares climb 17.87% on Tuesday. The rally comes after an announcement was made by the company detailing of plans to begin a “comprehensive exploration program” of the Purickuta Lithium Project.
- ML Capital Group, Inc. (OTC Pink: MLCG) +16.67%: The holding company announced that it has entered into a partnership with Puration, Inc. (OTCQB: PURA) to purchase Spanish Peaks ScumpDelicacies. The stock jumped 16.67% today, as a result.
- Sugarmade, Inc. (OTCQB: SGMD) +15.48%: The cannabis active packaging company climbed 15.48% on Tuesday, but there was no news or press that was released today. The stock saw volume of 4.57 million shares on the day.
- Hanger, Inc. (OTC Pink: HNGR) +11.46%: The delinquent company saw shares rally 11.46% on Tuesday, February 7, 2017. However, the company lacks a business description and news on OTCmarkets.com. Overall, the stock saw volume of 55,825 shares on the day.
Today’s Top OTC Losers:
- BioElectronics Corp. (OTC Pink: BIEL) -36.67%: After being yesterday’s top OTC stock, the pain management company is now on the other side of the spectrum. Shares sold off 36.67% Tuesday, in what appears to be profit taking. Overall, the stock saw strong volume of 667.22 million shares exchange hands on the day.
- Affinity Beverage Group, Inc. (OTC Pink: ABVG) -26.67%: The “dark or defunct” consumer brands company saw shares dive 26.67% on Tuesday, but there is no recent news or press from the company. Overall, the stock saw volume of 702.9 million shares on the day.
- Acology, Inc. (OTC Pink: ACOL) -24.51%: Shares of the marijuana container and storage company dropped 24.51% on Tuesday, February 7, 2017. However, there was no official news or press from the company today. Overall, the stock saw volume of 56.9 million shares exchange hands on the day.
- ViaDerma, Inc. (OTC Pink: VDRM) -22.69%: The pharmaceutical company saw its shares decline 22.69% on Tuesday, but there was no news or press released today. Overall, the stock saw volume of 49.34 million shares on the day.
Check back on EmergingGrowth.com after the markets close each day to get your Daily Dozen closing report!