Global markets were focused on the inauguration of President Donald Trump, which led to increased volatility at points throughout the trading day on Friday, January 20, 2017. However, all three major U.S. indices managed to rebound and post gains today. The Dow Jones rose 0.48%, the S&P 500 rallied 0.34%, and the Nasdaq increased 0.28% on the day. The U.S. dollar saw declines Friday, which helped push commodities higher. Crude oil soared 2.05%, gold gained 0.50%, and silver rallied 0.49%, during trading on Friday.
Micro-cap stocks followed their larger counterparts higher on the day, as nine of the ten indices managed to post gains during the trading session. Leading the rally was the OTCQX Dividend Index, which gained 0.61%. Surprisingly, the one index that declined on the day was the OTCQX Canada Index, which has been a leader in recent weeks.
Today’s Top OTC Winners:
- Puration, Inc. (OTC Pink: PURA) +39.67%: The water purification and cannabis company jumped 39.67% on Friday, January 20, 2017. The rally comes after the company recently announced that its $3 million annual revenue forecast may be on the lower-end, as the company anticipates further revenue generation.
- Marijuana Company of America, Inc. (OTC Pink: MCOA) +34.74%: Shares of the cannabis company soared 34.74% today, but there was no official news or press from the company. Overall, the stock saw volume of 61.5 million shares exchange hands on Friday.
- Rocky Mountain High Brands, Inc. (OTCQB: RMHB) +30.43%: The hemp-infused food and beverage company saw shares rally 30.43% on Friday, January 20, 2017. In addition, the company was featured in one of our morning articles; read it here.
- Ascent Solar Technologies, Inc. (OTCQB: ASTI) +30%: Shares of the solar technology company shot up 30% today, after the company announced that its CEO, Victor Lee, has increased his equity stake to 20% of the company. The stake increase comes as another company that is half owned by Mr. Lee, made a 333.33 million shares purchase agreement with Ascent Solar.
- Mountain High Acquisitions Corp. (OTCQB: MYHI) +24.75%: Shares of the cannabis holding company jumped 24.75% on Friday, January 20, 2017. However, there was no news or press that could be found. Overall, the stock saw 5.7 million shares exchange hands on the day.
- Eco Science Solutions, Inc. (OTC Pink: ESSI) +21.81%: The health and wellness company saw shares climb another 21.81% today, yet there continues to be a lack of information on OTCmarkets.com. Overall, the stock saw volume of 1.97 million shares exchange hands today.
- Singlepoint, Inc. (OTC Pink: SING) +18.10%: The mobile app service provider saw shares climb 18.10% on Friday, January 20, 2017. However, there was no news or press that could be found. Overall, the stock saw volume of 27.42 million shares exchange hands on the day.
- OWC Pharmaceutical Research Corp. (OTCQB: OWCP) +16.67%: The Israeli cannabis company saw shares increase 16.67% on Friday, but there was no news or press that could be found. Overall, the stock saw volume of 5.45 million shares exchange hands on the day.
Today’s Top OTC Losers:
- Great Basin Scientific, Inc. (OTCQB: GBSND) -95.42%: Shares of the molecular diagnostics company collapsed 95.42% on Friday, January 20, 2017. The unprecedented collapse came after the company announced that it has withdrawn its S-1 registration statement with the SEC, which was for an $8 million equity financing deal. The company is also amending its 2016 convertible note, which will require the returning of some restricted cash raised from the convertible debt offering.
- Peabody Energy Corp. (OTC Pink: BTUUQ) -57.29%: The bankrupt coal company dove 57.29% on Friday, January 20, 2017, after the U.S. bankruptcy court denied the formation of an equity committee. The ruling came against hedge fund and management wishes to form an official committee to have shareholders as a part of the restructuring.
- Lithium Exploration Group, Inc. (OTC Pink: LEXG) -22.67%: Despite the company’s positive outlook and signs of cooperation from the new Administration, the lithium company saw shares decline 22.67% on Friday. The stock saw volume of 129.47 million shares exchange hands on the day.
- Cannabis Sativa, Inc. (OTCQB: CBDS) -14.91%: Shares of the cannabis company declined 14.91% today, but there was no official news or press out today. Overall, the stock saw volume of 841,240 shares exchange hands on the day.
Check back on EmergingGrowth.com after the markets close each day to get your Daily Dozen closing report!