Another trading session ends and yet another day the Dow Jones Industrial Average fails to hit or exceed the 20,000 mark. In fact, major U.S. indices managed to close in mixed territory on Monday, January 9, 2017. The Dow Jones declined 0.38%, the S&P 500 saw losses of 0.35%, and the Nasdaq managed to post slight gain of 0.19% on Monday. Crude oil prices took it on the chin today, as prices declined nearly 4% on the day. Meanwhile, gold (0.73%) and silver (0.55%) managed to see outperforming gains on Monday, relative to major stocks.
Following larger-caps, micro-cap indices also closed mixed on Monday, January 9, 2017. Out of the ten indices, only four managed to post gains during Monday’s trading session. Leading the micro-cap rally was the OTCQX Canada Index, which was up 0.54% today. On the other hand, the worst performing micro-cap index was the OTCQX Dividend Index, which skidded 0.39%.
Today’s Top OTC Winners:
- Techprecision Corp. (OTCQB: TPCS) +38.42%: The metal fabrication company was today’s top OTC winner, as shares soared 38.42%. However, it has been a couple months since the company released any official press or news. Overall, the company saw volume of 1.3 million shares exchange hands during today’s trading.
- Lexaria Bioscience Corp. (OTCQB: LXRP) +34.40%: The hemp oil and food sciences company saw shares jump 34.40% on Monday, January 9, 2017. However, there was no news or press that was released today. Overall, the stock saw volume of 2.28 million shares exchange hands today.
- OWC Pharmaceutical Research Corp. (OTCQB: OWCP) +30.08%: Shares of the Israel-based medical cannabis company shot up 30.08% on Monday, but there was no official news or press that was released by the company. Overall, the stock saw volume of 4.83 million shares exchange hands during today’s trading.
- MPM Holdings, Inc. (OTCQX: MPMQ) +22.70%: The silicon development company saw shares rally 22.70% on Monday, January 9, 2017. However, there was no news or press that could explain the source of the rally. Overall, the stock saw volume of 182,300 shares exchange hands today.
- mCig, Inc. (OTCQB: MCIG) +17.55%: The vaporizer company rallied 17.55% today, but there was no news or press released to explain the rally. Overall, the stock saw volume of 12.2 million shares exchange hands on Monday.
- AXIM Biotechnologies, Inc. (OTCQB: AXIM) +16.06%: The CBD biotechnology company climbed 16.06% on Monday, after the company announced that its CanChew Plus CBD Gum have shown positive pharmacokinetic data results on treating irritable bowel syndrome. The company continues to prepare for its upcoming clinical trials of the gum.
- Northwest Biotherapeutics, Inc. (OTCQB: NWBO) 15.71%: The cancer treatment company saw shares rally 15.71% on Monday, January 9, 2017. However, there was no news or press to explain why shares rallied today. Overall, the stock saw volume of 2.27 million shares exchange hands during today’s trading.
- Vitality Biopharma, Inc. (OTCQB: VBIO) +15.38%: The CBD pharmaceutical company saw shares advance 15.38% on Monday, January 9, 2017. The rally comes as the biopharmaceutical company announces it will present a 30-minute overview of the company at the Biotech Showcase Conference in San Francisco, CA. The event is slated for Wednesday, January 11, 2017.
Today’s Top OTC Losers:
- Nutrafuels, Inc. (OTC Pink: NTFU) -38.10%: The nutritional and oral supplement company saw shares dive 38.10%, after a very strong rally to kick off 2017. The sell off today comes after the company announced it has begun branding and producing five new CBD oral spray products. The company expected to begin distribution within the first quarter 2017.
- MJP International Ltd (OTC Pink: MJPI) -37.71%: The green energy company saw shares sell off 37.71% today, but there was no news or press that was released during the trading session on Monday. Overall, the stock saw volume of 530,723 shares exchange hands today.
- WEED, Inc. (OTC Pink: BUDZ) -27.47%: The “dark or defunct” marijuana company saw shares dive 27.47% on Monday, January 9, 2017. There is no clear information on the state of the company’s operations. Overall, the stock saw volume of 259,476 shares exchange hands on Monday.
- Peabody Energy Corp. (OTC Pink: BTUUQ) -26.60%: The bankrupt coal company saw shares dive 26.60% on Monday, January 9, 2017. Shares of the coal giant dropped, as the company released unfavorable reorganization update. The company continues to try to work with senior debt holders, in order to finalize a reorganization plan to emerge from bankruptcy.
Check back on EmergingGrowth.com after the markets close each day to get your Daily Dozen closing report!