The ailing retail sector and poor earnings among major department stores continue to put pressure on overall averages. Overall, the Dow Jones declined 0.11%, the S&P 500 dropped 0.15%, but Nasdaq saw a slight gain of 0.09%. Surprisingly, the commodity rebound has continued to thrive: crude oil gained 0.10%, gold rallied 0.33%, and silver jumped 1.05%.
Micro-cap indices, on the other hand, rebounded on Friday, May 12, 2017, as eight of the ten averages gained. Leading the rally was the OTCM QX ADR 30 Index, which jumped 0.99% today. On the other hand, the OTCQX Canada Index was the worst performer today, after yesterday’s surge.
Today’s Top OTC Winners:
- Santo Mining Corp. (OTC Pink: SANP) +100%: Shares of the co-working space for cannabis entrepreneurs sky-rocketed 100% on Friday, after the company announced the launch of its new website, podwerks.com, and other updates on the strategic changes to business operations.
- Bravatek Solutions, Inc. (OTC Pink: BVTK) +57.14%: The cyber security and surveillance company shot up 57.14%, during trading on Friday, May 12, 2017. However, there were no new updates or news released today. Overall, the stock saw volume of 518.24 million shares on the day.
- QS Energy, Inc. (OTCQB: QSEP) +47.38%: The energy company surged 47.38% today, after the company filed a Preliminary Schedule 14A Form, which details of a preliminary proxy statement.
- Sunset Island Group, Inc. (OTCQB: SIGO) +35.44%: Shares of the medical marijuana consulting company jumped 35.44% on Friday, May 12, 2017, after the company filed a Schedule 14C Form, which detailed of preliminary proxy information.
- Giggles N’ Hugs, Inc. (OTCQB: GIGL) +27.27%: The restaurant and entertainment company climbed 27.27% on Friday, May 12, 2017, after the company announced that its Chief Business Development Officer, Philip Gay, will be a guest speaker at the Bahrain Restaurant Franchising & Hospitality Forum 2017.
- Embarr Downs, Inc. (OTC Pink: EMBR) +20%: Shares of the pest control company rallied 20% on Friday, but there was no news or press that could be found. Overall, the stock saw volume of 196.5 million shares on the day.
- Atlas Technology International, Inc. (OTCQB: ATLT) +19.89%: The touchscreen manufacturer increased 19.89% on Friday, but there was no new press or updates today. Overall, the stock saw volume of 245,960 shares on the day.
- Lightwave Logic, Inc. (OTCQB: LWLG) +12.24%: The optical applications company gained 12.24% on Friday, May 12, 2017. In addition, the stock was featured in one of our early trading articles today; read about it here.
Today’s Top OTC Losers:
- American Leisure Holdings, Inc. (OTC Pink: AMLH) -25%: Shares of the eSports and entertainment company dove 25% on Friday, May 12, 2017, after the company reported its 2016 annual report, which saw revenues dives compared to a year ago.
- Alliance Creative Group, Inc. (OTC Pink: ACGX) -14.71%: The product development company dropped 14.71% on Friday, after the company released first quarter 2017 earnings, which showed strong growth in net income and revenues.
- Bitcoin Investment Trust (OTCQX: GBTC) -12.15%: Shares of the Bitcoin Investment Trust declined 12.15% on Friday, but there was no recent news or press that could be found. Overall, the stock saw volume of 60,928 shares on the day.
- Celsius Holdings, Inc. (OTCQX: CELH) -11.62%: The health company dropped 11.62% today, after the company reported first quarter earnings, which saw revenues grow 63%. However, net loss also grew by $0.7 million compared to a year ago.
Check back on EmergingGrowth.com after the markets close each day to get your Daily Dozen closing report!