U.S. equities rallied on Thursday, March 30, 2017, after fourth quarter 2016 GDP numbers came in higher than estimated. The economy grew 2.1% in Q4, compared to economists’ estimate of 1.9% growth. Overall, the Dow Jones rallied 0.33%, S&P 500 climbed 0.29%, and the Nasdaq gained 0.28%, during Thursday’s trading. Crude oil managed to climb above $50 level, while metals sold off: crude oil rallied 1.74%, gold dove 0.81%, and silver dropped 0.61%.
Micro-cap indices, on the other hand, had a tough day. Eight of the ten indices saw declines on Thursday, which was led by the OTCQB Venture Index’s -0.41% drop. On the other hand, the best performing index was the OTCQX Banks Index, which gained 0.08%.
Today’s Top OTC Winners:
- MMEX Resources Corporation (OTC Pink: MMEX) +98.90%: Shares of the oil & gas company continued to rally for a second day, after yesterday’s press release. The stock saw gains of 98.90% on Thursday, but there were no new updates to the press. Overall, the stock saw volume of 170.8 million shares on the day.
- Vitality Biopharma, Inc. (OTCQB: VBIO) +20.92%: The CBD pharmaceutical company jumped 20.92% on Thursday, March 30, 2017. In addition, the stock was featured in one of our early trading articles this morning; read about it here.
- Invictus MD Strategies Corp. (OTC Pink: IVITF) +20.37%: Shares of the business development company rallied 20.37% today, after one of its subsidiaries has received a license to cultivate marijuana in Canada.
- MyDx, Inc. (OTCQB: MYDX) +20%: The cannabis and scientific analysis company rebounded 20% on Thursday, March 30, 2017. However, there was no news or press released today. Overall, the stock saw volume of 87.76 million shares on the day.
- Immage Biotherapeutics Corp. (OTCQB: IMMG) +19.28%: The cancer biotherapeutics company rallied 19.28% on Thursday, March 30, 2017. However, there was no news or press released by the company. Overall, the stock saw volume of 1.11 million shares on the day.
- Marijuana Company of America, Inc. (OTC Pink: MCOA) +17.65%: Shares of the marijuana company continue to rally on Thursday, after the company recently gave an update on its progress to uplist within the OTC Markets Exchanges.
- Iconic Brands, Inc. (OTC Pink: ICNB) +13.71%: The alcohol brands company rallied 13.71% on Thursday, but there was no recent news or press released by the company. Overall, the stock saw volume of 15.71 million shares on the day.
- Kush Bottles, Inc. (OTCQB: KSHB) +11.36%: Shares of the medical and recreational cannabis company are gaining 11.36% today, after the company announced it will present a live webcast at the VirtualInvestorConferences.com event on April 6, 2017.
Today’s Top OTC Losers:
- Peabody Energy Corp. (OTC Pink: BTUUQ) -46.35%: After rallying earlier in the week, the bankrupt coal company dove 46.35% on Thursday, March 30, 2017. However, there was no official news or press released. Overall, the stock saw volume of 7.32 million shares on the day.
- S. Stem Cell, Inc. (OTCQB: USRM) -36.30%: Shares of the stem cell therapy company dropped 36.30% today, after the company announced it is working with the FDA to obtain the regenerative advanced therapy designation.
- AgriEuro Corp. (OTC Pink: EURI) -21.57%: The agricultural company dove 21.57% today, after the company announced that it has sold out of its reed harvest for the year. However, the company was recently black marked by OTC Markets’s “buyer beware.”
- Acology, Inc. (OTC Pink: ACOL) -14.25%: Shares of the medical and cannabis container manufacturer declined 14.25%, but there was no official news or press that could be found. Overall, the stock saw volume of 29.12 million shares on the day.
Check back on EmergingGrowth.com after the markets close each day to get your Daily Dozen closing report!