Major U.S. averages closed in mixed territory on Wednesday, March 29, 2017, a day after a sizable rally. The Dow Jones dropped 0.20%, the S&P 500 gained 0.11%, and the Nasdaq rallied 0.38%, during trading on Wednesday. Crude oil soared 2.34%, gold dropped 0.26%, and silver prices rallied from the lows to close down slightly by 0.01%, during today’s trading.
The rally in micro-cap indices took a breather on Wednesday, as seven of the ten indices saw losses or no change. Leading the declines was the OTCM QX ADR 30 Index, which declined 0.31%. However, the OTCQX Canada Index was Wednesday’s screaming outperformer, with a rally of 1.84%.
Today’s Top OTC Winners:
- Defense Technologies International Corp. (OTCQB: DTII) +119.23%: Shares of the defense technologies company shot up 119.23% on Wednesday, after the company recently announced it has made significant cuts to its debt and liabilities.
- Vanguard Natural Resources, LLC (OTC Pink: VNRSQ) +51.68%: The bankrupt oil & gas limited liability corporation surged 51.68% on Wednesday, March 29, 2017. However, there was no news or press from the company recently. Overall, the stock saw volume of 2.74 million shares on the day.
- Peabody Energy Corp. (OTC Pink: BTUUQ) +41.89%: Shares of the bankrupt coal company jumped 41.89% today, but there was no official news or press released by company. However, President Trump’s energy regulation rollbacks this week have provided some breathing room to the ailing coal industry. Overall, the stock saw volume of 3.2 million shares on the day.
- MMEX Resources Corporation (OTC Pink: MMEX) +41.87%: Shares of the oil & gas acquisition and development company rallied 41.87% today, after the company announced it has signed a partnership agreement with KP Engineering, in order to build a oil refinery in the Permian Basin.
- Bucks County Bank (OTC Pink: BKCS) +31.74%: The regional bank, located out of Doylestown, PA, soared 31.74% on Wednesday, March 29, 2017. The rally comes as First Bank (NASDAQ: FRBA) announced a definitive agreement to acquire the bank.
- Acology, Inc. (OTC Pink: ACOL) +29.44%: The medical marijuana container company gained 29.44% today, but there is no official news or press released by the company recently. Overall, the stock saw volume of 50.88 million shares on the day.
- Giggles N’ Hugs, Inc. (OTCQB: GIGL) +28.79%: Shares of the dining and entertainment company are rallying 28.79% on Wednesday, after the company announced it has signed Tia Mowry as newest celebrity brand ambassador.
- Garmatex Holdings, Ltd. (OTC Pink: GRMX) +21.43%: The textile and fabric company gained 21.43% on Wednesday, after the company announced it will design and sell wetsuits using the company’s proprietary XCEL.
Today’s Top OTC Losers:
- Triangle Petroleum Corp. (OTC Pink: TPLM) -31.01%: The oil & gas company dove 31.01% on Wednesday, March 29, 2017. In addition, the company was featured in one of our early trading articles this morning; read about it here.
- Textmunication Holdings, Inc. (OTC Pink: TXHD) -29.98%: Shares of the mobile marketing company dropped 29.98% today, but there is no recent news or press from the company. Overall, the stock saw volume of 65.8 million shares on the day.
- MyDx, Inc. (OTCQB: MYDX) -28.12%: Shares of the cannabis analyzing and testing company declined 28.12% on Wednesday, but there was no recent news or press that could be found. Overall, the stock saw strong volume of 272.03 million shares on the day.
- American Green, Inc. (OTC Pink: ERBB) -15.79%: The cannabis company dipped 15.79% on Wednesday, March 29, 2017. Overall, the stock saw volume of 235.73 million shares on the day.
Check back on EmergingGrowth.com after the markets close each day to get your Daily Dozen closing report!